The land, approximately 202.5 acres was originally granted by the State of Georgia to John Williams, Jr. on January 1, 1824. On January 23 that same year Williams sold it to John Adams. Adams sold the land to N. Thomas Swearington on January 6, 1829. Swearington built a house and dug a well which become a stagecoach stop for getting water and watering the horses.
On November 23, 1852, Swearington sold the land to William H. Byrom, the founder of Byromville. He 1859 Byrom built the Byrom House. On July 1, 1853, the post office of Byromville opened with William Byrom being its first postmaster.
In 1903, the Atlanta & Birmingham Railroad was completed to Byromville. On August 19, 1905 the Town of Byromville was incorporated.